Hello Stupid Good Readers! Nice to meet you again, my name is Rachel and I make good food and want to share it with you. Remember me? Oh yeah, that’s right, I’ve been moving to Austin, TX and I’ve been neglecting you so please forgive me (because these S’mores Rice Crispy Treats are worth making up for). I’ve got some good things coming your way soon, and I hope your desire to seek all that is ‘Stupid Good’ hasn’t wavered in my absence. I promise, this is my last ‘I’ve been so absent, forgive me!’ LiveJournal ploy- I really do have an editorial calendar, I promise!
I also have a few classes at Patricia’s Table lined up and am taking over Cooking Light’s blog, Simmer and Boil. You can always stay tuned on Instagram and coming soon: Snapchat! Get ready, people. It’s about to get real Stupid Good.
- 8 cups rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 16-ounce bag marshmallows
- 1 12-ounce bag mini chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place cereal into a large bowl and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Cook the butter until it begins to toast and turn brown (about 5 minutes). This is called brown butter!
- Add the marshmallows to the pan and melt. Spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and pour melted marshmallows into the bowl of cereal. Coat cereal with marshmallows and toss in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the greased pan and press gently to create a flat surface. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Set your oven to broil and top rice crispy treats with mini marshmallows. Broil for 1 minute, or until marshmallows are slightly charred. Out of the oven, sprinkle some more mini chocolate chips on top (it depends on how chocolately you like it).
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into squares. Enjoy with friends!