Easter is here! Spring has sprung! It’s time to celebrate, and I’ve partnered with Susty Party Disposable Party Tableware to bring you a few easy recipes for your own gathering. Costco mini quiches have their place, but not at this table. Each appetizer takes 5 ingredients or less (not including olive oil, salt and pepper), I wanted to keep it simple- like Susty Party! They create awesome party ware that is sustainable and compostable- each piece is incredibly sturdy (and cute too!). I thought it would be a great pair to my super simple party recipes. Invite some friends over, dine on some environmentally-friendly party ware and just think: “Man, does brunch save the planet.” I’ll have another Basil-Cucumber Gimlet to that! Happy brunching, friends!
Shop the Brunch Look!
Want to get $10 off your Susty Party? Enter the code: “stupidgoodrachel” to have your own sustainable fun!
Basil-Cucumber Gimlet (Makes 4)
- 1 part gin
- 1 part simple syrup
- 2 parts water (sparkling works great!)
- 1 part lime juice
- 4 cucumber slices
- Fresh basil
- In a Susty Party 10 oz cup, mix gin, simple syrup, lime juice and water.
- Garnish with fresh cucumber and basil!
Asparagus and Pesto Flatbread
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- Olive oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/3 cup store bought pesto
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Using a half-size jelly roll pan, roll out the pizza crust- pinching any gaps together that may have formed while rolling out dough. Brush dough with olive oil.
- Spread pesto onto the pizza, leaving 1″ crust on all sides.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus down into thin ribbons. Arrange on to tart evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the asparagus is wilted. Serve at room temperature topped with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cantalopue melon, cubed into 1″ pieces
- 1-3oz package prosciutto
- Susty Party Picks!
- Arrange a bundle of prosciutto on top of a melon cube. Push party pick through prosciutto to the melon.
- Enjoy with friends!
*Just a note, these are better straight from the fridge! Great for make-ahead!
Beet and Ricotta Crostinis
- 2 medium beets, peeled
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2″ toasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Oregano, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut beets in half, roll in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Once cooled, finely dice beets. While beets are cooling, toast baguette slices on each side in oven for 5 minutes each side, or until browned.
- Spread each toast with 2 teaspoons ricotta and top with a few of beets. Garnish with oregano, if desired! Enjoy.