It’s hard to believe that this summer is drawing to a close, especially when Florida doesn’t really ‘do’ seasons. School is starting back up again and everyone seems to be ordering books, settling into their new places or, if you’re a year-old pup, staring out the window and barking at UPS guys. I totally feel the whole stare-out-my-window thing, Dob. So, to celebrate the end of my last summer before real life happens, I thought I’d make treats!. My friends love me more than you 😉
S’mores Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Fluff Frosting
Makes: 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Hershey chocolate bars
For the frosting:
I followed Chow TV Video‘s recipe for marshmallow fluff. Candy is a delicate process and I highly recommend not doing this unless you have a candy thermometer! Jarred stuff always works, just in case you are afraid of boiling sugar but fear is for losers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all cupcakes ingredients except for the chocolate in a mixing bowl or stand mixer and beat until well combined.
- Distribute batter amongst 24 paper-lined muffin tins, about 1/4 cup of batter in each. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool for 2 minutes and then press broken off pieces of chocolate into the center of the cupcake. Use a knife to start a hole for the chocolate if the cupcake melts the chocolate too fast. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Make marshmallow fluff and spread onto tops of cupcakes. Set oven to broil and let cupcakes toast on the top rack until golden, about 20 seconds. Top with more chocolate. Enjoy!